US Synthetic, a ChampionX company has an immediate need for a Production Operator located in Orem, UT. The Production Operator will be responsible for production of quality, polycrystalline diamond pieces through utilization of press and finish processes. Follow Lean manufacturing principles and apply at worksite to maintain a high quality standard and maximize capability and productivity.
USSynthetic – Operator GRAVE SHIFT
10pm – 6:30am
What We Do:
What’s in it For You:
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture, and empowers its employees through continuous improvement
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day one of employment – medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more!
What You Will Do:
- Stand for up to eight hours and operate assembly, press and lapping equipment i.e. small and large hydraulic and pneumatic machines
- Set up and run various grinding machines, i.e. centerless grinders, height grinders, chamfering etc. to precise measurements according to product specifications
- Cross train in all processes and be able to rotate as needed
- Perform repetitive motions when running machinery
- Work at required pace (Takt) to maintain continuous flow of all processes
- Participate in monthly one-on-ones with immediate leader
- Work overtime and weekends when necessary
- Follow standard works i.e. standard sequence, standard in-process stock, critical knowledge, etc. to ensure product is on target and on time
- Lead and participate in PDCAs
- Follow all company policies (Attendance, No Tobacco Products on Campus, Illegal Drug & Alcohol, Family Medical Leave Act, Personal Appearance, Personal Electronic Devices, Vacation & Personal Time, etc.)
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Standing for eight or more hours
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Full range of body motion, i.e. lifting, repetitive motions with hands and arms, bending, use stairs repeatedly. etc.
- Pass pulmonary function test to be able to wear a respirator
- Use of Safety Equipment (Safety glasses, Steel-toe Boots, Latex/nitrile gloves, Hearing protection, Respirator)
- Use basic measuring tools to inspect and measure parts for accuracy and conformance to precise product specifications
- Read and follow a product specification print
- Continuous training in Lean, Kaizen and other productivity improvement or
problem solving methodologies
- Knowledge of Lean, Kaizen and other productivity improvement or problem solving methodologies (i.e. PDCA, Kaizen events, etc)
- Basic math skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to multi task
- Knowledge WIP, sequencing
- Use of replenishment/Kanban systems
- Self-starter with high initiative to meet customer and team needs
- Communicate well both verbally and written
- Work well as a strong team player and motivate other team members to meet all team objectives
- Understand control charts (CPK)
- Attention to detail
- On target thinking
- Ability to readily embrace change
About Champion X
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: