US Synthetic, a ChampionX company has an immediate need for a Maintenance Technician 3 located in Orem, UT. The Maintenance Technician 3 will troubleshoot and perform advanced repairs to equipment of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic controls. Perform preventative maintenance on machines to ensure maximum operational availability.
This is for a Swing shift position
USSynthetic – Maintenance Technician – Swing
What We Do:
What’s in it For You:
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture, and empowers its employees through continuous improvement
- Comprehensive benefits package starting at day 1 of employment – medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more!
What You Will Do:
- Perform machine moves per factory needs
- Hook up new or moved machines for production
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines
- Respond to work orders and down-calls from dispatch
- Design and perform upgrades on machines with automation
- Hook up coolant, power, water, etc.
- Advanced troubleshooting with machine issues on down-calls and repair equipment per machine schematics whether mechanical, electrical or hydraulic machines and presses
- Train others to maintenance responsibilities as needed; direct and train production employees in Total Production Maintenance (TMP) efforts
- Perform preventative maintenance on machinery
- Understand mechanical, electrical and hydraulic schematics and utilize when performing maintenance repairs
- Use a multimeter in trouble-shooting and diagnosing problems
- Follow all company policies (Attendance, No Tobacco Products on Campus, Illegal Drug & Alcohol, Family Medical Leave Act, Personal Appearance, Personal Electronic Devices, Vacation & Personal Time, etc.)
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Two years higher education or 10 years of experience in mechanical and electrical repair of industrial machines
- *HVAC requires enrollment in or completion of HVAC program
- Valid Driver’s License
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Climb and work from ladders, platforms and machinery
- Full range of body motion, i.e. lifting, kneeling, squatting and twisting
- Use of Safety Equipment (Safety glasses, Steel-toed shoes, Hearing protection, Occasionally wear a respirator)
- Advanced root cause analysis
- Mechanical and electrical control and motor experience
- Willing to comply with safety regulations and maintain clean orderly work area (5S)
- Associates of Applied Science in Machine Controls or Robotics
- Basic computer and math skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Clear and concise writing skills
- Ability to organize priorities and manage multiple tasks at once
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of three phase and single phase power systems
- Apply learned Lean manufacturing principles to problem solving and daily work
- Troubleshooting skills, utilization of PDCA method for problem solving
- Certified to operate overhead crane, fork truck and scissor lift
- Independent worker, self-motivated and works well with little supervision
- Ability to complete projects with accurate documentation and repairs
- Team player
- Machinist training
- Ability to think critically when problem solving and weighing cause and effect during down-calls
About Champion X
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: