US Synthetic – Chef de Partie/Cook – Grave Shift
US Synthetic, a ChampionX company has an immediate need for a Chef de Partie/ Cook located in Orem, UT. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals and maintaining a clean work area. We are seeking an individual who has experience in the food service industry and is committed to impeccable food presentation and garnishing, which is important for impressing our guests and creating repeat business.
USSynthetic – Chef de Partie/Cook – Grave Shift
What We Do:
What’s in it For You:
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture, and empowers its employees through continuous improvement
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day one of employment – medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more!
What You Will Do:
- Helps in the preparation and production of all menu items
- Produces high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Works to master their assigned position in the kitchen i.e. grill, garde manger, sauces, pastries etc.
- Ensures that orders are filled in a timely manner according to our goals and standards
- Exercises stewardship over their assigned station of the kitchen to ensure it remains clean, stocked, organized and efficient
- Complies with sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintains a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Ensures all services to members are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner.
- Ensures a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility
- Follow all company policies (Attendance, No Tobacco Products on Campus, Illegal Drug & Alcohol, Family Medical Leave Act, Personal Appearance, Personal Electronic Devices, Vacation & Personal Time, etc.)
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Often lifts and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner which is accurate, complete and of high quality
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, suppliers, members and employees
- Have working knowledge of various computer software programs.
- Ability to calculate figures, discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Certifications, Licenses, Permits:
Food Handlers Permit, Driver’s License and Serve Safe Certification within the first three months or prior to employment
About Champion X
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: