US Synthetic, a ChampionX company has an immediate need for a Bearings CNC Machinist II located in Orem, UT. The Bearings CNC Machinist II will assist and support production teams through the following: Andon response, T.M. training, tool crib management, fixture management, and creating value through assisting in flow when needed.
This job is for day shift
USSynthetic – Bearings CNC Machinist II
What We Do:
Sign Up For a Tour:
What’s in it For You:
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture, and empowers its employees through continuous improvement
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day one of employment – medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more!
What You Will Do:
- Create positive relationships with T.M.’s and T.L.’s.
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize work content throughout each day
- Create and improve systems that connect through the machinist role to maintain a high performing worksite.
- Respond to Andon and resolve manufacturing issues concerning customer specific product, process changes and process improvements
- Assist production floor when introducing and running new product
- Participate in new product development and Kaizen Teams
- Meet with the customer engineers when needed to discuss abnormalities with parts that have been removed from flow with manufacturability issues and create a plan to get them fixed and the parts completed
- Record and analyze data to improve KPI metrics for machinist group
- Assist other engineers and machinists when needed
- Follow Lean Manufacturing and ISO procedures to maintain a high quality standard
- Train and assist in the set up and operation of CNC equipment for lathe and mill machines for bearings machining
- Train and assist in the set up and operation of EDM and grinding machine work
- FAI support- Inspect and measure parts for accuracy and conformance to product specifications
- Cross-train on multiple pieces of equipment and processes to maximize capabilities and productivity
- Create value in flow when needed in all necessary processes
- Submit and implement continuous improvement ideas as per standard
- Program and operate the Coordinate Measuring Machine
- Maintain and improve tool crib 5S condition
- Organize and optimize tool vending system
- Follow all company policies (Attendance, No Tobacco Products on Campus, Illegal Drug & Alcohol, Family Medical Leave Act, Personal Appearance, Personal Electronic Devices, Vacation & Personal Time, etc.)
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- 2+ years of CNC experience
- Stand and sit for eight
- Occasionally lift/move up to 50 lbs.
- Have full range of body motion (lifting, kneeling, squatting and twisting)
- Use of Safety Equipment (Safety glasses, Latex/nitrile gloves, Steel-toe shoes)
- Stress management
- Team meeting engagement
- Computer skills, i.e. MS Excel, Word, etc.
- Pro-Engineer experience
- Basic math skills
- Manual lathe and mill experience
- CNC experience
- Programming experience
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, gauges and electronic indicators, etc.
- Extensive machine shop knowledge
- Ability to interpret complex prints
- Willing to establish and implement an individual development plan, seek learning, face challenges head on and create an environment of learning
- Oral and written skills
- Experience with US Synthetic PDC Manufacturing processes
- Problem solving skills
- Organization and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently with limited supervision
- Six Sigma
- CMM experience
About Champion X
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: