US Synthetic, a ChampionX company has an immediate need for an Automation Engineer III located in Orem, UT. The Automation Engineer III will apply lean principles in engineering and machine design, for improvement of in-house manufacturing equipment. Design opportunities will include hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical systems for current and future processes in the production of PDC cutters.
USSynthetic – Automation Engineer III
What We Do:
What’s in it For You:
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture, and empowers its employees through continuous improvement
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day one of employment – medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more!
What You Will Do:
- Lead and work on projects with a wide variety of disciplines such as controls, instrumentation, machine design and manufacturing process development
- Use good methods in mechanical design (vis. solid modeling, DFMEA, SMED, stress and fatigue analysis, poka-yoke, jidoka etc.)
- Programming of PLC’s, HMI’s, and Drives
- Evaluate completed projects and validate conformance to US Synthetic specifications and standards (i.e. functional, safety, tact time, foot print, robustness, ROI etc.)
- Document all aspects of machine design including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and safety systems
- Design data acquisition systems for root cause analysis for production part and machine component failures
- Assist maintenance with diagnosing down machines on production floor. Train maintenance on good methods for finding root cause in these situations
- Provide training in mechanical, electrical, control, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and overall operation of machines
- Evaluate machinery and processes to help diagnose problems such as yields, throughput, costs, etc.
- Participate on cross functional teams to eliminate waste and continually improve the process, product quality and equipment
- Give periodic presentations on activities
- Use mill, lathe and hand tools to build, assemble, and prototype designs
- BS Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical)
- 5 years practical engineering experience
- Sit, stand and walk
- Full range of motion and ability with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Good visual acuity
- use of safety glasses (while on Production floor), steel toed shoes, ear plugs, gloves, respirator
- Solid modeling Pro-E preferred
- Labview Programming
- RSLogix 5000 Programming
- Electrical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic Schematics
- Pneumatic, Mechanical, Servo, Hydraulic, Electrical Systems
- Safety Circuits
- Safety minded
- Follow and maintain standards
- Read and understand component specifications
- Machine shop skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Mechanical intuition and curiosity
- Analytical skills
- Lean and Six Sigma principles
- Engineering principles, concepts, practices and theories
About Champion X
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: