Mountain America Credit Union
The SBA Loan Officer II is responsible for collecting, reviewing, evaluating, structuring and originating SBA loan requests and all supporting documentation. This individual meets with applicants to explain credit policies and to obtain loan information and documentation. The SBA LO II serves borrowers and prospective borrowers promptly and professionally, provides general credit union information, cross-sells services, and works to ensure the origination of quality loans. This individual is responsible for business development and marketing of existing and prospective accounts. Reports to the AVP SBA Sales.
Mountain America Center – In Office:
9800 S Monroe St
Sandy, UT 84070
To be effective, an individual must be able to perform each job duty successfully.
- Solicits and develops new business, takes applications and processes preliminary documentation for loan requests. Explains loan products and related credit criteria in such a manner as to elicit positive responses from members. Makes retention and development calls on existing and potential new members for both loans and deposits.
- Loan origination production expected to be working up to upper thresholds of the MACU SBA team and above comparative mid-market levels.
- Evaluates credit data, cash flow, financial statements and collateral to determine the credit worthiness of applicants. Educates members regarding credit union products and services and how they can better serve their individual financial needs. Communicates clear reasons for denial in a timely manner to applicants when their loan request has been denied.
- Presents and helps prepare credit proposals including recommendations for pricing, terms and structure to approving authority(ies).
- Understands personal and business financial statement analysis (income statement and balance sheet), cash flow, and business/personal tax returns.
- Understands real estate transactions, construction loans, 1031 exchanges, MAI appraisals, title insurance, regulatory requirements, etc.
- Works alongside lending support teams to maintain a high quality of work and efficiency in operations to ensure approved loans are originated.
- Ensures that members’ requests and questions are promptly resolved. Makes member satisfaction a priority.
- Conducts property inspections as necessary.
- Reviews maturing loan reports and is proactive in completing prospective loan decisioning.
- May assist with the collection of delinquent accounts.
- Completes required pipeline, incentive and related reports and records accurately and promptly.
- Attends and participates in sales and loan committee meetings as required.
- Attends assigned training sessions and stays current on new procedures and policies.
- Establishes and maintains effective and professional business relations with members, third parties and other trade professionals.
- Applies proven sales abilities to find SBA real estate sales opportunities for the Credit Union.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
4 years of commercial lending/sales or related sales experience. Knowledge of commercial products and services.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field from an accredited university or 4 years in a progressive lending position
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Must qualify for access to SBA systems and not be listed on any SAM search or SBA debarment lists.
Computer/Office Equipment Skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated experience with loan origination system preferred
- Demonstrated ability to clearly express ideas, methodology, results and recommendations verbally, in writing and through insightful reports and graphic illustrations
- Demonstrated ability to document outcomes and present information in a manner appropriate for key stakeholders and all levels of the organization.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability and desire to make solicitation calls in person and on the phone. Ability to analyze financial statements and determine cash flow, liquidity, debt-to-worth, trends, etc. Must be self-motivated, self-managed, have strong organizational skills, pay close attention to detail, and follow through appropriately with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Has a good understanding of Member Business Lending, understands NCUA and credit union guidelines for commercial loans.
- Has an understanding of SBA eligibility per the SBA’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Loan officer knowledge would include understanding and gathering of: all tax returns, interim financials, personal financials, and information on collateral. Loan closing understanding would include all RE filings, lien position and collateral issues.
- Able to minimize Credit Union risk, maximize borrowing potential and maintain the professional reputation of MACU.
- Good presentation skills to Credit Committee a must. Underwriting skills would include ability to write an analysis on repayment ability and cash flow, trends, liquidity, leverage, collateral, management and credit.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptive to change, responds positively to altered circumstances or conditions.
- Take initiative to be a problem solver and provide suggestions to improve processes and efficiencies.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES / WORKING CONDITIONS
Ability to sit, talk and hear consistently
Ability to stand, walk, and use hands to handle or reach occasionally
Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
Weight Lifted or Force Exerted
Ability to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally
There are no unusual environmental factors (such as a typical office)
Moderate noise (business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
***This Job is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Connecticut, either remotely or in-person.***
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: